Features of twin screw refrigeration compressor: 1. Oil […]
Features of twin screw refrigeration compressor:
1. Oil injection is required for compression (a small amount of liquid injection can also be used). Once oil is lost, metal-to-metal meshing friction may occur, affecting operation and rotor life.
2. The radial load and axial thrust of the rotor are large, especially the axial thrust is very large. A bearing or balance piston with large volume and strength is required to offset the axial force, and the service life of the bearing is affected.
3. Oil is not only used for cooling and sealing between the yin and yang rotors of the screw, but also for lubrication and power transmission (25-60% of the power). During operation, it is generally necessary to continuously start the oil pump. The fuel consumption is large and the oil circuit system is complicated.
4. The general bearing life is 20,000~30,000 hours, and overhaul is required after 30,000 hours.
5. The main components are only one tenth of that of the piston refrigeration compressor.
6. Single-stage compression ratio is high. In low temperature conditions, a unique economizer structure can be adopted, which has good energy saving, but the cost is correspondingly increased.
7. The compressor efficiency is slightly higher than that of the single screw.
8. The large cooling capacity of a single head is larger than that of a single screw.
9. It is not sensitive to liquid shock and can run in wet stroke.